Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Secret Stitching Sweetheart...

Are you my Secret Stitching Sweetheart?????  Is this your stitching featured here????? If so, I am waiting for you...


Isn't this tag cute? I don't know the identity of the stitcher of this tag yet. What delicate stitching and beautiful threads it is stitched in! I would love to know what the stitch is called.  If you are my Secret Stitching Sweetheart that will be one question for you.

Happy Valentine's Day all!  I am busy hunting for my Secret Stitching Sweetheart.  I stitched special items especially for this special blog post.  Look out for this and this. I will reveal my projects once I find my which blog they are featured on.

My DH and I acknowledge Valentine's Day to each other but that's it...just a kiss alone. A kiss is enough for me. It's a symbol of our past, present and future. 

In Australia we usually only give Valentine's Day treats to our partners and not to our children. I changed it up this year and popped a paper heart with a message in Mary's lunch box. I treated my Jack to a special smile as he caught me looking proudly across at him.  I gave Tom the biggest sleepy cuddle as I carried him to his cot. 

Mary, Jack and Tom you keep me centred. You give me purpose. You make my life worth waking up for. You make me smile.  I hope they know the pride I have in them. I believe this photo oozes my Mummy love.
 
Thank you dear readers for your visits and beautiful messages...

                          Jan x

11 comments:

Carla said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you have a great day with your family

Mouse said...

happy Valentine :) I haven't found mine yet ..lol love mouse xxxx

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Happy Valentine's Day. I am still looking for mine too. It is lovely to see all the gorgeous Valentine stitching along the way.

Chris said...

Happy Valentine! I haven't found mine yet but I am finding some super blogs

Chris xx

Nicola said...

Happy Valentine's Day xxx

Thank you for my secret Valentine it is beautiful.

cucki said...

aww it is so cute..but not from me..
hugs cucki xx

Wagapapa said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

You got a lovely picture of a great stiching, but it's not mine.

I found you through Jo, and now I'm a new follower of your blog and Pinterest, nice to meet you! xoxo

EvalinaMaria said...

It's lovely but isn't from me... Happy Valentine's Day!

geeky Heather said...

It's me, it's me!!! I'm your not-Secret-anymore Stitching Sweetheart!

This is the top of a bookmark I made for my hubby. It's stitched with Hand Dyed Fibers silk perle on gold metallic perforated paper! It is a simple satin stitch done in a flame pattern...bring your needle up, go over 4 threads and put your needle in. Then bring it up again one thread to the right and one thread up from where you brought it up before. Repeat 2 more times. Then, start going back down again. =) I hope that makes sense...I know it was a freebie and I can try and find it if not!

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful little heart. Nice work Heather. I'm still hunting.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I read all 14 blogs this morning but am only just getting time to comment!
Thanks for taking part, it's been great fun.
Watch out for my Easter Hunt next!