Monday, February 20, 2012

Yummy macaroons...

The recent popularity of the TV show, Masterchef have brought macaroons into vogue in Australia. I knew instantly the moment I opened the Sweet Treats book that I just had to stitch the macaroons.  Not only that I knew I had to taste real macaroons.  I am ashamed to say I had never tried one. These macaroons baked at local cake shop, Sweet Envy were too good to pass up. What's more I could match the macaroons to my cross stitch threads. Stitching from the Sweet Treats book has been a great way to satisfy my sweet tooth.

The macaroons were the only stitching I achieved on the IHSW (International Hermit & Stitch weekend). It was a busy weekend with Toddler Tom's 2nd birthday party, visitors and a highland dancing competition.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh oh you have been tempted by then as well! I like the Ruby ones which I buy from The Green Store (sneaky grin).

cucki said...

awww yummyyy..
love it..
hugs for you xx

Anonymous said...

love the bright colors!

Cat said...

That is such a lovely cross stitch book and your macaroons look very pretty stitched. I hope you enjoyed your first macaroons, they look delicious. Thanks for stopping by to say hello. :)

Marcy said...

Yummy -- they look good enough to eat.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

lovely stitching :) they do look so yummy. I've never had macaroons either.