Monday, November 28, 2011

Am I photographing my stitching or my cat?

Bob (my blue British Shorthair) would definately say that the photoshoot is of him.  My stitching would say otherwise...



For those of us in the Southern hemisphere the school year and "after school" activities are reaching their crescendo. End of year concerts, assemblies and plays are scheduled to occur in the next two weeks in the middle of Christmas preparations.  You get the picture.  I've been up to my eyeballs in dancing costumes. At least there was a moment last week when I thought I had finished sequinning so worked on my MB sampler and on my first HAED.  Then I was pulled back into reality and found out there was another costume that needed sequins. Oh well, it will be so worth it when I see my DD's ballet group dancing on stage.


My first HAED "Love" by Marta Dahlig has been a learning process.  Unlike the MB sampler I have to sit at a table to do it as I working it on a frame using my two hands.  I also have to stitch with a light due to the small hole size - this is a first for me! I was getting bored with the black so started on some antique blue.  I am using 2x strands of DMC on 25ct Lugana. The holes are so much smaller than the 32 ct linen I am usually stitching on but I am adjusting to it. I am looking forward to spending more time on it over the summer break.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Bob looks VERY impressed in the photo (he he he)

Progress is happening that is the most important thing!

Hope the dancing goes well and D13 enjoys herself.

Karen said...

Bob is gorgeous and I love your Marjolein Bastin stitching!

lesli said...

Your HAED is starting out beautifully! I know exactly what you mean about having to adjust..... my first one that I'm working on (Coral) is only on 22 count, but my eyes definitely had to make an adjustment.

How do you like the look of 25ct..are you doing full crosses? I can't decide what I'm going to do for the Freebie HAED. I'm considering using 25 ct but doing half stitches (tent stitching), because the crosses look pretty "fat" on the 22 ct I have now.

Can't wait to see more of your work!

Anonymous said...

how are you finding stitching using two threads on 25ct, i couldnt do it and ended up restarting just using one thread

Meari said...

Bob is quite the handsome creature. I can see why he thinks it's all about him, LOL.

Your stitching looks great. Good luck with your HAED. I've no inclination to do one, even though they're beautiful when completed.