Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's two years since...

Dates, anniversaries, birthdays have always stuck in my mind.  I am constantly counting back and remembering significant events.  Maybe it can be seen as being sentimental. At other times I think it might be an obsession. Are there others out there obsessive with remembering dates?

Two years ago I was 29 weeks pregnant with my third child. I remember the sinking feeling when my blood pressure began rising and my mind not thinking as clearly. Yes, pre-eclampsia had struck me a third time. What are the chances of that happening? It left me wondering where this pregnancy was going and how quickly.  In only three days my tiny Tom Thumb would be born and it was such a rude shock. To suddenly not be pregnant. To not feel his kicks inside me.

I am so grateful I had a happy ending. A blonde, bubbly boy so full of character. Our little clown. 

Mummy loves you Tom so very much.

2 comments:

cucki said...

sending you and tom lots of love and blessings..
hugs cucki xx

Anonymous said...

You've had three terrific outcomes after all that you've been through in pregnancy. I'm sure they're worth it!