Friday, July 5, 2013

Blothy Thread Cut Thru' Castle progress and a win...

Despite a busy working week I have managed to put some stitches in the Bothy Threads Cut Thru' Castle.  A king is nearly born! I am stitching this as part of a SAL at Linda's blog.


I am loving stitching on this as it is really easy.  The thread glides through those holes like butter and the chart has larger print than usual for the graph.  Also the humour of the pictures within it make me smile as I recreate them on the fabric. Below is the kit photo of the centre section I am currently stitching.


I had a sweet postal this morning.  Back in May I was delighted to be the winner of a giveaway at sweet blog Lilly My Cat.  Here is the giveaway post. The parcel took a little longer than usual to arrive in Australia all the way from the US as it was redirected back to Pat's house at one point. We are both so happy it arrived. I really love the crochet pin cushion that she handmade. Wow, what a beautiful crochet. My current pin cushion is old and tatty so I now have the prettiest one to replace it. She also enclosed a cute cat card. Pat and I share a love of cats called "Lily/Lilly". My hubby and I owned a Himalayan cat called Lily who passed away three years ago.



The next two weeks are school holidays so I may not be able to update as frequently. There are two dance eisteddfods over that time that my daughter is participating in. Wish her luck.

Thanks for stopping by my garden...

                                                      Jan x

6 comments:

cucki said...

Your project is so sweet..enjoy stitching it:)
Beautiful pin cushion..I love it
Hugs x

Linda said...

Great looking king Jan. I was sick Monday and didn't work on the stable. Having withdrawals. lol These are so much fun to work on. Cute pin cushion.

Linda

SoCal Debbie said...

Great to see the king coming to life in your Castle! I added your progress pic to the SAL page,
http://debbiescrossstitch.blogspot.com/p/bothy-threads-cut-thru-sal.html

What a beautiful pin cushion! I'm glad it finally made it to Australia!

Lilly's Mom said...

Hi Jan, thank you for your kind words. I love the latest stitchery project you are working on. It's looks very complicated though. My best wishes to you and your family. Lilly sends her greetings to Lily!

Pat :)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Your Bothy Thread cut-thru is so cute! And that is such a sweet pincushion, congrats! :D

Julie said...

Good luck to your daughter.
Such a fun and colourful project.