Wednesday, January 20, 2016

I have a king!

I am embarrassed to say it has taken me a year to finish William the Conqueror. At this rate I won't finish this piece for another 41years! I started this king in the 2015 Crazy Challenge last January. here he is in all his armoury. He is a strong and handsome fellow. No wonder he was victorious at the Battle of Hastings. He is stitched on white 14ct aida using the kit threads. 

                   

I have set stitching goals this year - something I didn't do last year. My plan with this project is to stitch one figure per month. That should be achievable. I also plan to read about the history associated with the royalty as I stitch them. The interesting fact about this William is that he spoke French and not English which influenced our language greatly. 

Until next time happy stitching,
Jan x 


       

11 comments:

Linda said...

He looks great Jan.

Linda

Rachel said...

Well done on completing your first king! I've got my eye on this kit but it will have to wait until I've finished my thousand WIPs! If you want a good introduction to each monarch, try David Starkey's Monarchy series. They're actually quite addictive programmes! :)

Justine said...

I'm so tempted to start my kit! The figures don't look too big. He's a handsome fellow isn't he?! One a month is a good achievable target.

Unknown said...

Well done on completing William l. I look forward to seeing another one each month. I think it's fun that you will also be checking out the history behind the kings and queens - there's always something interesting to discover.

Julie said...

He's a charming character.

Unknown said...

I am a history buff and I think this is such an amazing idea. I will look forward to reading all the bits of history, as well as watching your progress. Congrats on finishing William

Emma/Itzy said...

I love this Kit so much! Definitely going to get it one day! I would do the same as you, I love history so would read up on whoever I was stitching at the time :)

Brigitte said...

I have seen the kit and it's an amazing walk through history. Great that you could finish William.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Yay! Congrats on finishing William. I think you can definitely do one figure a month. Can't wait to see the next one! :D

CAESAR SHOP said...


Thank you for sharing in this article
I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
I hope to read the next your article updates

[-] Vimax
[-] Vimax Asli
[-] Vimax Canada
[-] Obat Vimax
[-] Pembesar Penis

SmartLeaders IAS Academy said...

Thank you for sharing the post.Visit us @ IAS Academy in Chennai - Smart Leaders