IHSW provided some much needed stitching time to finally finish the squirrel. Hooray I hear you say!!! Finally Jan will have new pictures on thread garden that don't feature a squirrel.
So close to finishing...watch this space over the next month (yes I will allow you to blogstalk)
Well I have learnt something whilst surfing for cross stitched squirrels. There are squirrel haters. One blogger at Beware the Squirrel, even blogs about her love/hate relationship with them. Can you believe there is a whole blog dedicated to this? I admit I don't live amongst squirrels (living in Asutralia would have something to do with that) but when I visited the UK I couldn't believe how utterly adorable they were with their little nose twitches and acorns between their tiny paws.
So in the interests of the cross stitched squirrel let your mouse do some blog hopping:
1. Another Marjolein Bastin squirrel stitched by June King
2. The Victoria Sampler Winter Squirrel stitched by For The Love of Cross Stitch
3. A darling squirrel at pieKnits which is a freeie (link on the blog)
4. A cross stitch squirrel purse
5. A 3D embroidery squirrel at The Floss Box. I know it's not cross stitched but it is seriously impressive.
Finally...stitching means orts. So here's my TUSAL. It was irresistable to little fingers.
Thanking for singing in the rain in my garden...