Monday, June 17, 2013

Stitching on my London sampler...

Tonight I stitched the London Underground symbol onto my cross stitch sampler. It looks fabulous above the Beefeaters. If you missed my last post on this sampler click here.  I love cross stitch designs that are made up on small pictures. They are so satisfying to embroider.


I found the most delightful vintage London tray at a market on the weekend.  I wasn't passing it up for a cheap $7!


Have you done any stitching today?

This post has been linked with Handmade Harbour. Join other crafty souls for Handmade Monday.

Thanks for wandering through my garden...


                                                             Jan x

16 comments:

Giovanna said...

That's very cute, and well done on finding the tray :-)

cucki said...

so cuteeeeeeeeee x

Unknown said...

Love the tray! Oh, and the stitching...

~Narita said...

Cute tray! I'd sure love to go to England...

Linda said...

Great progress Jan. Love the tray you got.

Linda

Sarah in Stitches said...

Adorable! Lovin' the London-mania. Yep, busy stitching up some biscornus over here. :D I'll post the pictures when I get back

Julie said...

Stunning tray.

Ali said...

The cross stitch is a brilliant design and that tray is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
ali x

Lilly's Mom said...

Great find on the tray! Your latest stitchery pattern is so cute. You are very talented!

Penny said...

Your London sampler is cute, and what a great market find! :)

Pickle Lily said...

Looking forward to seeing what you add to your sampler, as it's looking good. Have a good week, Jo x

Lucy Blossom said...

The sampler looks amazing, have you finished it or are you going to add to it?

Parsley said...

Well done on your WIP. The tray is awesome.

Jan Gartlan said...

Thanks everyone for your sweet comments. There is still a lot left to stitch on this sampler. It has several more pictures, a red border and the word London repeated around the outside.

secondhandrose said...

Love seeing this sampler come together.
Great find at the market.
I'm stitching a Christmas ornament for last year's Just Cross Stitch Ornament edition.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous London sampler! I adore the capital city, so all those images have a special place in my heart! Simmi x