The Prairie Schooler alphabet is going swimmingly! I stitched a single letter, L is for Leaves, months ago and now have decided to stitch the whole alphabet on one piece of linen. I am stitching this using most of the recommended DMC threads on 36 count raw linen using 2 threads over 2. I stitch on this design whenever I can as I am really enjoying it. Kevin from Cabbages and Kings blog is stitching this in a cyber SAL with myself and some local friends.
A is for Anchor is finished except for the actual "A". I haven't decided what colour to stitch it yet. The recommended DMC thread 3857 is very dark so I don't think the A will stand out if I use it. I think I will decide after I have stitched a few letters. I have swapped a few colours in this piece. The crab I stitched in a salmon red DMC 3830 as I felt it was more lifelike. I also swapped the 3857 thread for 221 on the left anchor.
I have stitched about one-third of the next letter too, B is for Blackbird. The mother and baby blackbirds are darlings on top of the pie. So far I have used the recommended colours.
Until next time, happy stitching…