Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Time for a WIP update!

Hello readers,

Since my last post, I received Happy Mail from Jo at Serendipitous Stitching.  I won the Easter Blog Hop.  Jo sent me a gorgeous handmade Goody Bag filled with delicious Jodyri hand dyed Thread and a chocolate. Thanks Jo for bringing a smile to my face! I don't have any Easter themed stitching so she enhanced my stash with a delightful Easter pattern also (not in photo).



The Bothy Threads Cut Thru' Castle is stitching up fabulously. I only have a page and a little left then will finish it with the backstitching. I am trying to focus on this so I can finish it very soon.  I am currently stitching the cellar and the cell.  The prisoner is about to make a jail-break so that will be a fun part of the pattern to stitch! Such a story is told in this design.




The Prairie Schooler Alphabet is going well also! This is an inspiring stitch done on natural 36 ct linen. In the photo I have almost finished G is for Garden (which is now finished).  Next up is H is for Honey. Also pictured below are some finished blocks, E is for Embroidery and D is for Drum.




Gosh cross stitch is exciting! So many patterns to enhance my stash and to start. I couldn't help buying three patterns in the latest Heaven and Earth Designs sale naughty me.  Did anyone else succumb? I have to stop myself.  Right, stitch those WIPs then move onto the next pattern.  I am being v e r y  s t r o n g.

Happy stitching until next time...
                                             Jan x

16 comments:

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Yay Jo gave you some Jodyri threads! You know I think your projects are fab - but wanted you to know you are not on your own, I bought 3 charts in the HAED sale too.....oops!

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching..
Lovely wips..
Hugs xxx

~Narita said...

I'm loving the colors in your Prairies Schoolar alphabet!

Linda said...

Wonderful progress on both pieces Jan. Are you using the called for colors on the Prairie Schooler designs. They seem so much brighter.

Linda

stitchersanon said...

Beautiful...love the Castle!

Beth said...

Jan- What a lovely gift. Am enjoying following your PS alpha progress.

Annette-California said...

WOW Castle is incredible! LOVE IT! And I also LOVE LOVE your PS alphabet your stitching.
Great progress on your wips.
love Annette

Sarah in Stitches said...

I am loving this alphabet. Gorgeous stitching, Jan! You're just zipping through these letters :D

Julie said...

You've been a busy stitcher, the PS is stunning.

Amy at love made my home said...

All of your projects are beautiful! xx

Brigitte said...

A great update, Jan.
I love the Cut-Through designs exactly for this - every little detail tells a little story. That makes stitching them a lot of fun, I think.
Great progress on the PS letters as well.
And you are right: cross stitching so exciting!!!!

Karoline said...

Great progress on your projects, they look lovely

Gorgeous gifts from Jo

Hazel said...

Hi lovely to find your blog. I have been watching you on You Tube so thought I'd take a nosy. Please feel free to visit me back as I am having a giveaway. x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Bit behind on the commenting!

Glad you enjoyed the chocolate and the gift. You have plenty of time to complete the chart for next Easter's Blog Hop.

The Bothy Cut Thru's are great designs to see grow, I really enjoy watching the progress of everyone in this SAL.

zenuwpees said...

Beautiful progress Marie-Claire

Anonymous said...

Looks great Jan! I would love to start this, love Prairie schooler designs. Not all the charts have the same size, how did you put them together, and how many stitches do you have between each block? Hope you understand my English,
happy stitching, Judith