Thursday, April 2, 2015

HAED update...Treasure Hunt Bookshelf

Happy April readers,

I was drawn to start a smaller version of Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED) Treasure Hunt Bookshelf back in January. I am trying to stitch on it at least once per week as it is calling "stitch me, stitch me".

The Treasure Hunt Bookshelf artwork by the artist Aimee Stewart is one vibrant piece.  I am stitching a portion of the original artwork - Fox to Dragon.  It is the large format pattern. There are 24 pages.


I was delighted to finished the second column of page 1.  It is stitched using DMC threads on 25t Magic Guide Evenweave two over one. I am staggering my edges to avoid stitching lines in my work. What you see is the top left corner of a book (Quest of the Red Fox) in front of the midnight sky. I am parking my threads.



Hopefully my Easter break will be filled with many stitches.  Enjoy your Easter break if you celebrate it...
                                                                Jan x

15 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

That's a GORGEOUS piece! good job!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oh my that must be a fun piece to stitch! I'm looking forward to watching this piece grow!

Julie said...

Very detailed, a good start.

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Beautiful work Jan - what a beautiful chart!

Linda said...

Wonderful progress Jan. That is such a great design.

Linda

rosey175 said...

o what a lovely piece, and I had no idea you could stitch them shelves! I thought it was just that monster pattern! It will be fun to watch grow~ :D

Preeti said...

Great progress !!:)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great progress. It really is a large design even for just a portion of an even bigger piece!

Justine said...

Wow it looks amazing already! Great progress. Are you stitching full crosses two over one? I didn't like how mine looked so I swapped to one over one but yours looks really neat. Great job!

Justine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Two Purple Threads said...

Great piece - looking forward to following your progress.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful progress! :D

leftymadness said...

Just gorgeous - do your eyes cope when stitching over one on the 25 count? I'm just kitting up my first mini HAED and am a bit concerned that I'll go blind...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thanida said...

Useful lists and resources, they are very useful for me,special for me.Once again, thank you.Very useful list,Bookmarkerd!
slotxo