Thursday, March 5, 2015

Prairie Schooler Alphabet Update...

Happy Stitchy Thursday everyone,

I am sharing the progress on my Prairie Schooler Alphabet cross stitch. I am almost half way there.  There are 27 blocks in total and I have completed approximately 13. This has become a focus piece for me. I am trying to stitch on it every day for 1-2 hours.

I completed L is for Leaves about 3 weeks ago. As you may remember, I have already stitched this letter individually finishing it in January 2014.  The link to it is here. This block looks completely different stitched on the natural linen background.

K is for Kitten and L is for Leaves

Since finishing the letter "L", I have half finished M is for Mermaid and started N is for Nest.  I haven't stitched the mermaid yet as I want to make some modifications to her face/body which I need thinking time for.  So I started "N" and will come back to the mermaid soon.  N is for Nest is so sweet with the 4x little chicks in the nest.

M is for Mermaid and N is for Nest

So here is a photo of the whole project:


The Prairie Schooler Alphabet stitched 2 over 2 DMC threads on 36 count linen

It's the sixth anniversary of my blog on March 9th 2009!!! Here is my very first blog post if you are interested. I was very into quilting at the time so the blog was focussed around that for the first year or so.  I fell in the beautiful cross stitch blog community and I haven't looked back. Sure there might be mountains of quilting UFOs in my cupboard but I am so happy with my cross stitching.  I am so proud my blog is still going after 6 years. There have been ebbs and flows in the number of posts from time to time but I always come back to it. My blog is my diary of my crafting life with a little of everyday life thrown in.

My youngest has turned five! Boy did those years fly since he thrust himself into our lives at 29 weeks. He is a precious boy who has brought joy, fun and laughter into our lives.


Tom is 5! His big sister made him a Minecraft cake.

Until next time...
                        Jan x

15 comments:

Beth said...

Jan, What an amazing heirloom you are creating. I am enjoying watching your progress.

xstitchlibrarian said...

The Alphabet design is looking amazing! How will you finish it?

Well done!

Linda said...

Awesome update Jan. The PS alphabet is amazing. Cute pic of your son with the beautiful cake.

Linda

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

It's easy to forget how big your PS Alphabet is, great to see a full pic of it - it's beautiful!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Loved seeing that big picture of your alphabet. It looks amazing! Great progress. Also, that cake is awesome! :D

Julie said...

Happy Birthday wishes to Tom, well done big sister on the magnificent cake.

PS alphabet is stunning, its lovelier every time I see it.

Dani - tkdchick said...

wow that piece is so impressive with all of the blocks together. Most people have done them as individual blocks to go in a quilt!

Love the minecraft cake!

zenuwpees said...

Belle avancé de broderie bonne soiree Marie-Claire

rosey175 said...

Wow that is a big piece! I just love the K is for Kitty.

Happy birthday to your son and that Minecraft cake is so awesome~ :D

Justine said...

Happy birthday Tom! Brilliant cake.
Your stitching looks amazing in one big piece! The colours in those blocks are so pretty.

Justine said...

Happy birthday Tom! Brilliant cake.
Your stitching looks amazing in one big piece! The colours in those blocks are so pretty.

Kellie said...

I love your PS alphabet and have been following your progress. May I ask how big your piece of linen is? I started the alphabet on a 25 count 2 over 1 but I'm not enjoying it and I'm thinking of switching to a different count where I can stitch 2 over 2.

Two Purple Threads said...

Beautiful piece - this will be massive when it is finished!!!

Enjoying following your progress.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The alphabet looks great in the close ups but absolutely awesome when you see the full thing! It's going to be incredible when you have finished.

Happy Birthday to your son. 29 weeks is so early, he must have been tiny. My boys were 44 weeks and 41 weeks! 8 and 10 lbs each. There were two other babies in my ward and between them they weighed less than my second son!

Miamina said...

Wow, that cake is awesome!

Beautiful stitching, what a stunning piece it will be when completed!