Sunday, August 25, 2013

Cross stitch stash video!!!

Hello readers,

My 12 year old son, Jack gave me the most unusual but fabulous birthday last week - my own YouTube channel complete with a logo and music he had produced himself.

I cannot embed the video into this blog post for some reason so instead I will post the link if you want to view it:

 
I have never made a video using Movie Maker before.  It has taken me all day to make and edit it with lots of help from my children (who seem to know so much more about IT than their parents).

But I had lots of fun learning a new skill. 

I have based the video on my stash of Bothy Thread cross stitch kits.  The kits are fun and quirky so they are a good talking point for a novice video maker.


Featured in the video is the latest update on my Bothy Threads Cut Thru' castle which I am stitching as part of Linda's Bothy Threads Cut Thru Monday SAL.  I have made good progress on the page with less than a quarter left to stitch. The Dragon's Lair room is coming into view under the King's chamber.

 
 
I hope you get a good laugh out of my video. My husband and I cracked up at many points when watching it. I definitely need a more interesting backdrop next time and will have to practice talking without "ums" and "aahs" so I don't have to edit so much.
 
Thanks for visiting...
                           Jan x

10 comments:

Jan Gartlan said...

Test

Miss Lilly said...

Lovely video! I look forward to seeing more :)

Catherine said...

How fun! It was lovely to see you and hear your voice too!!

Shebafudge said...

Brilliant video. Lovely to see and hear what you are like! BTW - I love your hair, it's how I wish mine was!

Why don't you go over to the Bothy Threads facebook page and post a link to your video. I bet Kate would love to see your review.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Oh my goodness, it is so cute, Jan! What a lovely present from your son. Great first video!

Linda said...

Great progress Jan. I loved seeing your video. Now I feel as though I know you. You and the kids did a great job.

Linda

cucki said...

It is so sweet...great video.
Hugs x

SoCal Debbie said...

You are so brave, Jan! Nice to meet you and hear your voice and your accent. I wonder if you would think I have an accent when I talk, since I feel like my voice is plain and everyone else has the accent! LOL.

Julie said...

A wonderful video, you sound so lovely and friendly Jan.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Jan, that was awesome!! I loved seeing your face as you talked, you are so expressive. My favourite bit was when you said "Gypsy Wagon" for the first time, you were so excited! And the sadness when you talked about Lady Jane Gray.

I feel you have a bright future ahead on QVC selling Bothy Threads kits. If they ever let you out of your cell. Get some stitching on your walls LOL.

You are definitely braver than me anyway, I don't even post photos online let alone video. Looking forward to the next one.