Sunday, June 19, 2011

Spooky...My First Halloween cross stitch sampler...

Isn't October a fun month with decorations of Jack-o-lanterns, witches' hats and owls? In keeping with this fun I have finished my inaugural Halloween cross stitch sampler. It is called Hallow Sampler by The Primitive Needle. I stitched it using 32 ct linen with Weeks flosses.

It is the first sampler of many. My plan is to stitch one every year. I can visualise the collection of Halloween samplers that will decorate my wall every October. My next sampler is by The Prairie Schooler in my hot little hands called Pumpkin Patch.


My Halloween obsession began in England 2006 while touring during the witching season. Every shop and house we visited were decked out. My eldest two children are also in love with the season (probably cos they were also there in England). We always try to have a little H'ween fun in our house and it coincides nicely with DS's birthday!

3 comments:

ally said...

very cute sampler Jan

Jan Gartlan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zenuwpees said...

Sampler hallowee est magnifique bravo bonne journee Marie-Claire