Thursday, November 14, 2013

Weekly Roundup of cross stitching progress...



Big news here! I have finally bought a Qsnap needlework frame, the 11 inch size, after reading about so many stitchers using them.  I tried them for the first time on the Bothy Threads Cut Thru' Castle last night and I could see why everyone was raving about them.  I love how the frame holds the fabric taut and that I can rest it easily on my body to stitch two-handed.

Despite a busy week with daughter Mary's birthday and sadly a funeral, I have made stitchy progress on some of my cross stitch WIPs especially in the last 48 hours.  You can see my progress "LIVE" on the link below if you love videos:



Shepherd's Bush 2007 stocking
18 ct linen

On the Shepherd's Bush Christmas stocking, I have added the wise man's bottle of myrrh (I had to look up how to spell it LOL) he is holding. 























And I have completed the border on the Little House Needleworks "Bringing Home the Tree" Christmas ornament.  I only have a few details left in the main picture and it will be ready to sew up into an ornie. 


Little House Needleworks
Bringing Home the Tree
40ct linen

Thanks for wandering through my garden (with an umbrella as the weather is showery today)...
                                                                                    Jan x

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

love love your Santa

Mylene said...

Shepherd Bush design is looking great...and ornament is lovely!

Justine said...

Lovely progress...so nice to see you and Bob on your video! Could I be very cheeky and ask if you would include a demo of two-handed stitching on your next video? I stitch in hand rather than with a frame but would love to find a way to stitch more quickly. Feel free to ignore this if you want to.

cucki said...

So beautiful..
Happy stitching x

zenuwpees said...

Les broderies sont belle Marie-Claire

Julie said...

Awww Bob is adorable, furry cuddles from me to him.

I'm so sorry you lost your much loved Aunt.

Happy birthday wishes to your elder son and daughter.

I spotted a white little triangle that's missing from the border of your LHN piece, the bottom of the left column as I looked at your picture... sorry! xx

Chris said...

Gorgeous progress Jan!

Catherine said...

Great progress! I do hope the rest of the week and weekend go smoothly for you....

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely progress Jan :)

Linda said...

Nice progress on both pieces Jan.

Linda

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great progress on your pieces! And congrats on your Qsnap purchase. :D I've never tried it, but I've heard good things. Let me know how you like it!

Karoline said...

Great progress, they both look lovely.

Shebafudge said...

Ermm...I am officially thick! I have only just cottoned on to the fact that this design is going to be a stocking...doh! Sorry!! Looking gorgeous though :)