Friday, September 13, 2013

Christmas cross stitch ornament update...

My Christmas in June cross stitch fest has now become Christmas in September as I continue to plug away at this Little House Needlworks ornament, "Bringing Home the Tree". You can see my last post about it here.


I am stitching it on a 40ct linen and using specialty threads. It is slow progress despite the ornament's seemingly small size. This is my first Christmas ornie and I am surprised at how many hours it has taken me to stitch. I really need to stitch her head by the way as it bugs me seeing her headless in the photo.

Hopefully I will finish it before Christmas!!!

Have a stitchy weekend...
                              Jan x

11 comments:

cucki said...

Wow it's looking so sweet x

Anonymous said...

very sweet

Julie said...

I always think it takes longer to stitch on the smaller count fabrics, when I stitch over 1 it seems to be at a snails pace!

Your ornie looks great

Sarah in Stitches said...

It's coming along beautifully! All the time will be worth it when you see this hanging on your tree :D

Linda said...

It looks great Jan. You will get it done.

Linda

zenuwpees said...

La broderie est tres belle bon apres-midi Marie-Claire

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

You'll get there Jan...nice and steady!...

Justine said...

Well worth the effort. What a beautiful piece.

Mylene said...

Looking beautiful and you are stitching on a very fine fabric, love it!

Thanks for leaving me a comment which leads me to your lovely blog. Added it on my list.
Happy week!!

Deb said...

So pretty!

SoCal Debbie said...

It will be so beautiful when you finish. I hope she has a head by now!