Sunday, February 16, 2014

2014 February WIPocalypse & GYB Winner...

I apologise for being two days late for the February WIPocalypse update. The problem was it clashed with the previous post for Valentine's day and I didn't want to combine the two together. So today is my WIPocalypse post.

There are two question posed for this update by Measi who host WIPocalypse. Firstly, how many projects do you generally feel comfortable having in progress at a time?  Secondly what are your stitching habits- one-at-a-time or rotation between projects.

In answer to the first question I like to have a few projects on the go but definitely don't like more than 13 which I currently have. Over the last few years I have added a few more WIPs to my list as I have got more involved in blogging, partly because I meet people who I want to join a SAL with or I see projects that I just have to start.  I don't want to start any more right at this moment until I finish some off.  I don't mind having a few on the go as it means that I can switch between projects as I feel like it.  

In regards to question two, I spend the majority of my time stitching the WIPocalypse projects (see below) then one evening per month during the first 10 days of the month I stitch on my Turtle Trot SAL projects. I stitch on a Bothy Threads Cut Thru' SAL with Justine on Wednesdays which I have nicknamed Pirate Wednesdays. Once every fortnight I stitch on the Prairie Schooler Alphabet with local friends (and Kevin in cyberland). This way I can keep moving forwards with all my projects.

Here is my progress for February with my two WIPocalypse projects:

Bothy Threads Cut Thru' Castle 
Before (last week's update):

After: more of the moat is done!


Dimensions Promises Kept
Before:

After: the sheep and lion have been filled in!

GROW Your Blog Competition Winner
A massive thank you to all that visited my blog during Grow Your Blog Linky Party. I am excited to announce that comment number 28 is the winner! So the winner  of the Tassie Treats is Jen Barnard. I will send you an email right away and organise delivery.

Happy Stitching Everyone!!!
                   Jan x


9 comments:

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great progress on your WIPocalypse projects! :D

Justine said...

Great progress! Love your castle piece. Interesting to read about your WIPs. Congratulations to Jen!

Shebafudge said...

Great progress on them! Congratulations to Jen too. xx

Anonymous said...

great stitching

Linda said...

Wonderful progress on both pieces Jan.

Linda

zenuwpees said...

Les deux project avance bien bonne journée Marie-Claire

Chris said...

Both projects are looking great Jan!!

Julie said...

You are making good progress on both projects Jan, well done.

Karoline said...

Great progress on both projects, they look lovely