Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Stitching Questions...

No progress to post today sorry. Instead I found some interesting stitching questions on serendipitous stitching blog that Jo found on another blog who found it on another blog etc.

1)      Which fabric do you most prefer?  Evenweave because it is so even. Seriously, I stitch on linen and Aida happily too.

2)      What is your favourite fabric count? 32 count 

3)      What colour fabric do you most enjoy stitching on?  Antique ivory or natural colour

4)      What is your favourite fibre? Cotton and silk but not wool as it makes me itch.

5)      How many of the 450 DMC Colours do you own? Not sure as they are scattered in different project bags. Maybe 150.

6)      Of your last five finished projects—how many used DMC/Anchor as the main floss?  Two

7)      Of the last five projects, if you didn’t use DMC/Anchor—what did you use? One I am not sure as the project was part of a kit.  The others were Weeks Dye Works and Crescent Colours.

8)      What needles do you prefer? 26 or 28s. Jo from Serendipitous Stitching just got me onto 28 Petites from her answers. I love these new needles. Thanks Jo for the tip about them as I can use more of my thread.

9)      What is the UGLIEST design you’ve encountered?  There is not one particular pattern that comes to mind but I'm not a fan of patterns with swear words.

10)   What is the most BEAUTIFUL design you’ve encountered? The Prairie Schooler Alphabet which I have just started!

11)   Who is your favourite designer?  Carriage House Samplers, Prairie Schooler, Little House Needleworks, Shepherds Bush.

12)   Least favourite designer?  I don't have one

13)   Will you/would you support a designer whose personal beliefs offended/angered you?  Only if I absolutely adored the design.

14)   Do you have a lamp especially made for needleworkers/crafters? I own one and I use it in two situations: when I am stitching at a table with friends at Cross Stitch Night or when taking photos of my cross stitch for my blog when the light is bad

15)   What brand of stitching lamp do you have/prefer?  The brand is "daylight"

16)   What kind of environment best suits you when you are stitching?  I stitch on my sofa with my legs up on an ottoman and use the sofa arm to hold my cottons, pattern and scissors. Comfy huh?

17)   Have you stitched any design more than once?  Yes, I stitched a baby sampler twice for friends. The pram was decorated in  beads and had different colour versions for boy or girl.  It is a quaint pattern. I will have to drag the pattern out from the closet and find out who the designer was.

18)   Favourite design you have stitched and finished? This is an easy answer - the Marjolein Bastin Four Seasons Sampler. I loved stitching the variety of animals and different flowers and the colours in it were devine.  


19)   Least favourite design you’ve stitched and finished?  None I have loved them all

20)   Last, but not least, what’s your longest running WIP? Luckily this isn't a quilting question as that would be embarrassing as I think a quilt I am doing has run into a decade.   Cross stitch-wise, the project that I have been stitching the longest would have to be the Noah's Ark cross stitch called Promises Kept that I started in late 2009.


I hope you enjoyed reading my answers. Maybe you might like to answer them too. Let me know if you do!
      Jan x

9 comments:

Brigitte said...

Jan, I love your Marjolein Bastin piece. It's gorgeous. I have the pattern as well and even started the project once but then stopped because I didn't like the fabric count. One day I'll restart and stitch it on 40 ct fabric.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great answers! :D

Marcie said...

I have to try those needles. I came here from Pinterest because I started that Noah's Ark when my twins were very little. They were born in 1998! I'm not sure when the kit came out. I got so burned out on it. I'm going to follow your progress and maybe get inspired to pick it up again.

Interesting Q&A!

Giovanna said...

Nice post! And great stitching :-)

Mii Stitch said...

It was great reading about yourself and cross stitch :)

Miss Lilly said...

Great post! I enjoyed reading your answers :)
I think I may have a go at this myself.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great interview! I love your answers and I'm very pleased that I switched you into the 28 needles. 24s on 14 count aida would be like knitting needles and binca to me now!
I do remember following your progress on the garden design and how much you loved each motif you completed.

Julie said...

Great answers to the questions Jan, your Marjorie finish is so beautiful.

Chris said...

Nice to know more about your stitching!