Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June 15: A Photo A Day

A Photo A Day June 15: "Yellow"

Good morning, afternoon or evening...


My first "yellow" thought was a lion so I stitched on the lion in the Noah's Ark cross stitch.  This creature has a special spot in my heart and that is because I am a Leo.

As you can see there is still a bit of stitching to go because I had to frog a bit. The Noah's Ark chart has confusing symbols so I used the wrong colour.  For example, severeal symbols are an "n" - a black "n" symbol stands for one colour, then a green "n" means another, a red "n" another etc.  I think charts are easier if the symbols are all the same printed colour as my brain just simply reads the symbol and not the printed symbol colour.

If you aren't a big fan of lions then watch this amazing You tube clip. It might change your mine. I remember when I first viewed the video, it brought tingles to my skin.





Finally, if you love the Noah's Ark theme then here is a comedic piece on '10 things Noah would have tweeted from the ark'.

Enjoy basking in the sun today if you have it...

                                                                        Jan x

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That video was amazing - truly amazing.

I would be so frustrated with a cross stitch pattern like that... stick with it - Noahs Arks are always so special.