Monday, October 21, 2013

Christmas Cross Stitch update...

The recent family holiday allowed me plenty of stitching time on my Christmas WIPs. Readers seemed to find it weird I did Christmas stitching at the beach.  Being an Australian, I associate Christmas with Summer so the beach was a perfect place to stitch.

Firstly, I have nearly finished stitching the wise man/king in the Shepherd's Bush Christmas stocking.  This one is called Brett but there are lots to choose from. I am making my fifth! His robe is richly coloured in the variegated thread, Razzleberry! Doesn't that name sound as delicious as it looks? The rest of the stocking will be quite quick from here as the majority of the stitching is in the wise man.



Secondly, I only have another few hours of stitching left on the Christmas ornament by Little House Needleworks called, Bringing Home the Tree.  I am thrilled with how it looks.  Mary, my daughter, will love hanging it on the tree this Christmas.



As many of you, my lovely readers and friends live overseas this is a warning that I might make you envious.  I am going to post a Spring photo.  Stop reading now if you can't cope.  I am loving my Spring garden.  I have only been at this house for 3x Springs and the gardens are what I have planted as they had been neglected prior to that. The snow-in summer, cerinthe and golden oregano are making a stunning border to one of our garden beds.  I try to garden 30 minutes every 2 days which seems to keep it in hand. Gardening is not good for the nails even though I always where gloves!


Also gardening related, I recently picked our first lemon from our Lemon Eureka tree and cooked it into Lemon Delicious.
The lemon juice was so flavoursome and I was delighted to find no pips inside.  It looks like more lemons are on their way but will take a few more months before they can be picked. I hope I run into the problem soon here I have too many lemons and have to give lots away!





Thanks for wandering through my flower beds...
                                                              Jan x


16 comments:

zenuwpees said...

Belles broderies de Noel bonne journee Marie-Claire

Giovanna said...

Very nice stitching on these two lovely projects. The lemon delicious is making me envious more than the spring :-)

Sarah in Stitches said...

I LOVE the colors on your stocking! Honestly, you make me want to go get the pattern, and I don't even celebrate Christmas! :P Enjoy your lovely garden

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Shepherds Bush is just the best--hard to resist anything with lemon

Julie said...

Send sunshine... its pouring with rain here lol

SB stocking is so lovely, the colours in this are so majestic.

Angie said...

lovely stitching.

I'm so jealous of the spring garden!

Linda said...

Great progress on the stocking Jan. Pretty yard pics and yum.

Linda

Gillie said...

Never mind the spring pictures, I found myself downloading the magazine with that delicious looking recipe! Lovely stitching!

Lilly's Mom said...

Jan, I so admire your stitching ability. I have a cross stitch that I started 38 years ago and it's still in my closet. Maybe, one day I will be talented enough to do this exquisite art. Wishing you a wonderful week.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stitching.

Unknown said...

Wonderful x stitch x

Karoline said...

Your stocking & ornament are lovely

Mylene said...

Beautiful stitching as well as your garden..i am sure envious of that as ours is totally empty right now... i should be planting some bulbs soon...

Jackie said...

Good looking wiseman and your daughter will surely love the ornament too. I enjoyed looking around at your blog.
Thank you for stopping by.
Jackie:)

Lucy Blossom said...

Beautiful cross stitching, I'm sure the finished Christmas stocking with the Wise man will look fabulous.

Catherine said...

Lovely stitches ~ and Oohhhh.....that lemon treat looks good! Nothing like fresh lemons!