Sunday, October 6, 2013

Smitten with cross stitch...

It's official! I am smitten with the Bothy Threads Cut Thru Castle and my beach boys and girl.

We arrived at Coles Bay yesterday; the most magical, secret place in the world. It is so vastly different to regular beach destinations. The red granite mountains overlooking the beach with the bluest water makes this place a haven. One of the beaches is called Wineglass Bay which has arguably the whitest sand in the world.  My three kiddies  are in beach heaven.

I have started cross stitching the third page of the castle. The Wizard's Attic is taking shape on the top right. I will stitch the cutest owls today so stay tuned. This is stitched on 16ct light blur Aida and boy it stitches up fast!

Thanks for building sandcastles on my beach...





8 comments:

Dana said...

I love the Cut Thru Castle! I really want to do at least one of the Cut Thru series, but I'm not sure I can pick which one. :)

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Anonymous said...

beautiful update and what a great place to be

Justine said...

Just visited your lovely blog Dana and I think you would like the Cut Thrus as they are similar to the Nursery Rhymes project you are stitching.

Justine said...

Coles Bay looks gorgeous! You are making really good progress with the castle.

Miss Lilly said...

Lovely stitching and beautiful photos, it looks like such a peaceful place :)

zenuwpees said...

Très belle broderie et des belles foto's bonne fin d'après-midi Marie-Claire

Sarah in Stitches said...

Looks beautiful... Enjoy your holiday! :D Great progress on the Castle, too!

Linda said...

I'm smitten too Jan.

Linda